Cavium Inc (ticker: CAVM, exchange: NASDAQ Global Market (.O))
News Release -
Cavium Networks to Showcase Complete Connected Home Solutions for Whole Home Wireless Video Distribution at 2011 International CESCavium's PureVu(TM) Video processors and ECONA(TM) ARM processors power a broad range of Consumer Electronics (CE) devices in the broadband-connected, digital home
LAS VEGAS, Jan 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Cavium Networks (NASDAQ:CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, will be demonstrating complete connected home solutions for whole home wireless video distribution entirely based on the PureVu and ECONA product lines at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) at the Las Vegas Convention Center on January 6-9, 2011. Cavium's PureVu video processors are used in wireless and wired real-time full HD 1080p60 home video distribution. Cavium's ECONA dual core ARM processors are used in connected home and office applications such as FTTX broadband gateways, WiFi access points, Network Attached Storage NAS devices, print servers, IP cameras, USB storage dongles, and Internet multimedia streaming devices.
Cavium's Industry leading, ready-to-use product demonstrations based on the PureVu Video Processors and ECONA ARM processors will be on display in Cavium's Suite at the Las Vegas Hilton during CES from January 6 - 9, 2011.
Key Cavium Demonstrations at CES 2011:
- Wireless HD TV using standard WiFi 802.11n: Cavium's PureVu video processors enable wireless transmission of full-HD 1080p60 video between gaming consoles, Blu-Ray players and other CE devices to HD TV displays in real-time. PureVu video processors consist of a variety of stand-alone and co-processor models offering a range of capabilities including industry's lowest compression latency for full HD 1080p60 H.264 encode and decode, integrated HDCP 2.0 security, as well as video quality of service and back-channel support for multi-room and interactive operation.
- Wireless Laptop Displays using WiFi: Using Cavium's PureVu video processors consumers and business professionals can cut the wire between laptops, desktops and external displays, monitors and projectors. PureVu processors will utilize the existing WiFi chipset in PCs to transmit real-time computer displays, 3D graphics, and video to any TV display, monitor or projector. Cavium's video processors are designed to handle text and graphics with equally high quality as movie content, making the PureVu family an ideal solution for computing platforms.
- FTXX Home Broadband Gateway: Cavium's ECONA dual-core ARM11 processors provide intelligent networking, security and support for advanced services at gigabit rates for Fiber-to-the-Home broadband gateways. ECONA processors support the latest content inspection applications and dual-band, high performance 802.11n radios. Advanced services include integrated internal QoS enabled gigabit switch and LCD for in-built diagnostics enabling multi-Gigabit packet-forwarding with multi-Service QoS - quad-play voice, video, data and mobility.
- Home Network Attached Storage: Cavium's ECONA processors offer over 90MBps of network attached storage performance with integrated gigabit Ethernet, SATA controllers, RAID offload, integrated LCD controller for native configuration and two high performance ARM11 cores in under 2 watts of power.
- 3rd party service delivery platforms: Scalable Android-based platform for value-added, subscription based applications delivery
- Commercial Grade Embedded Linux Software: Cavium Networks solutions are available with a feature-rich, and highly optimized software development kit (SDK) and ready-to-use applications for storage, networking, broadband routers, video conferencing and wireless video distribution with Windows7 drivers. Cavium's processors solutions are supported by commercial grade embedded Linux operating system and productivity tools from MontaVista Software.
About Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications, and the digital home. Cavium Networks offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium Networks processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium Networks principal offices are in Mountain View, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: www.caviumnetworks.com.
SOURCE: Cavium Networks
Angel Atondo, 650-623-7033
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager